Saturday, September 16, 2006

Philippine Idol: Episode 10 by Rosabel

I said I wouldn’t watch Philippine Idol anymore. When four lousy performers made it to the semifinals, I gave up on the notion of “at least sa singing contest, its all about talent, not rich or poor.” Not. Obviously not. Yes, we suck. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong if you’re well-connected AND you’re talented too. But JUST rich and nothing else? Nah. We just suck for voting for those peeps. Well actually, I didn’t vote for them so everyone else sucks.

But, well, Gabby forced me to watch it in his stead this week (may liga kasi) and since I’m so whipped (right!), watch I did. And aside from the Philippine Idol’s obvious shortcomings (audio really sucks – what can we expect from an SM theater?), the magic drew me in again. I just love this competition. It gives all kinds of talented people a chance to really dream and strut their stuff. The ones with K really stand out. RAMIRR and MAU really stood out.

Ramirr scored immediate points by singing the song from Armageddon. For that alone, I would vote for him. *** images of animal crackers, meteor showers and Ben Affleck –happy thoughts *** Go Ramirr!

Mau, loved the voice, loved the outfit. You stepped out of the jeans-and-shirt box by wearing the feather boa. Very American Idol-ish. And you can really sing, girl. You look like a star-in-waiting too. Go Mau!

If these two don’t make it in again, I’m really gonna stop watching Philippine Idol. Quitting cold turkey. No, I’m not a brat. I just hate injustice. And bad singing. (And teenage acne but let’s not go there.) I can always obsess with Dr. McDreamy instead. Go Patrick Dempsey!